Country/Region of Manufacture
Holy Trinity Monastery & Seminary Choir
Number of Discs
Holy Trinity Publications
More about this item
CYCLES AND SEASONS
by Holy Trinity Monastery & Seminary Choir
This recording explores the sanctification of time through the particular lens of the rich musical tradition of the Holy Trinity Monastery in Jordanville, NY. The hymns are taken from all the cycles of church services – the daily cycle from the midnight office to compline, the weekly cycle of the Octoechos, the yearly cycle of the Menaion, and the moveable cycle of the Triodion and Pentecostarion, which revolves around the feast of feasts – Pascha. These hymns serve to demonstrate the range and breadth of the musical tradition in Jordanville as it is sung today.
1. Sticheron "On the Praises" (Pentecost)
2. Sessional Hymn After the Polyeleos (Nativity of Christ). Prosomoion "Joseph Marveled"
3. Exapostilarion of Pascha
4. Cherubic Hymn
5. A Mercy of Peace
6. We Praise Thee
7. Prokeimenon of the Theotokos At Matins
8. Automelon "O All-Praised Martyrs"
9. Dogmatic Theotokion Tone 7
10. Sessional Hymn After the Polyeleos (St John of Kronstadt)
11. Theotokion On "Lord, I Have Cried" (Annunciation)
12. God Is With Us
13. Eirmos of the Ninth Ode (Theophany)
14. Sticheron At the Veneration of the Cross
15. By the Waters of Babylon
16. Aposticha Stichera (Tuesday of the First Week of Great Lent)
17. Theotokion of the Aposticha. Prosomoion "O Marvelous Wonder"
18. Sessional Hymn After the Third Ode (Holy Saturday). Automelon "Thy Tomb, O Saviour"
Release Date: 2015
© Copyright - Holy Trinity Publications