My Daily Life
My Daily Life is the follow-up title, and natural complement to, Father Paone’s indispensable My Daily Bread. While the latter focused on the interior life, My Daily Life focuses on the exterior life, offering practical advice on daily living and getting to the heart of human nature.
This powerful little volume will help you navigate a world that is “no paradise, neither…and utter hell.” My Daily Life offers sound advice on a host of daily struggles, including:
• How to strive for earthly fulfillment within the bounds of reason, reality, and morality (p. 12)
• How to overcome our insecurity in a world that we cannot control (p. 59)
• How to achieve self-possession by controlling undue anger (p. 87)
• How to face life with a realistic outlook and avoid being overly emotional (p. 122)
• How the theological virtue of hope can benefit us in our earthly goals as well (p .273)
• And much more…
Father Paone presents the readings in “bite-sized” portions that make it easy to maintain a daily devotional schedule. This convenient, palm-sized book is overflowing with common sense, compassion, and holiness. The passages in the book will help transform belief into realization, and theory into practice. My Daily Life is an essential and relatively unknown part of the canon of great Catholic literature.
My Daily Life is a practical guide that will help you to persevere in the holy resolutions which you make at the time of confession, Holy Communion, missions, retreats, or any moment of grace. About the Author: Father Anthony Paone, S.J. was a priest with the Confraternity of the Precious Blood and a beloved teacher at the renowned Brooklyn Preparatory Academy. He wrote two of the most remarkable Christian books in the modern era: My Daily Bread and My Daily Life.
?Item No: PB8186
Publisher: Saint Benedict Press, LLC
Imprint: Confraternity of the Precious Blood
Publication Date: April 8, 1970
Binding: Imitation Leather Pocket Edition