Saints for Every Occasion:
101 of Heaven’s Most Powerful Patrons
Here’s Heavenly help for your problems – large and small! Life is not always easy. That’s why it’s good to have friends in high places. These friends are the saints – thousands of men and women who have faced the same troubles and challenges you face now, and yet have led faithful, fruitful, heroic lives.
In Saints for Every Occasion you will meet 101 saints – from Acacius to Zita. Each of them triumphed over immense obstacles in their own lives and stand ready to help you do the same.
Open these pages, and find . . .
• A saint who chases away nightmares
• Powerful intercessors for any illness—headache or toothache, arthritis or AIDS
• Patrons for parents who are single, stressed, divorced or disappointed with their children
• Saints to inspire your studies or improve your sport
• Saints for social justice
• Heavenly mentors to help you survive and thrive in your chosen line of work
• Saints to keep you safe—from dangers like volcanos and earthquakes, snakes and thieves
• Heavenly consolers for the lovelorn and the despairing, for those in prison and those falsely accused
• Special saints to protect children at play and at school, as they watch TV or surf the Web
Saints for Every Occasion tells the stories of 101 saints who overcame problems just like yours. Here in these pages you will get to know them, love them—and you will find a saint who can help you face your own challenges and one day win your own heavenly crown. About the Author: Thomas J. Craughwell is author of more than two dozen books. Among them are Saints Behaving Badly(Doubleday, 2006), Saints Preserved: An Encyclopedia of Relics (Image, 2011), and Stealing Lincoln's Body(Harvard University Press, 2007), which was adapted into a History Channel documentary. His articles have appeared in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Inside the Vatican, and Our Sunday Visitor.A popular speaker, Craughwell has lectured for Catholic Courses, and has appeared on EWTN, CNN, and Ave Maria radio to discuss saints, the canonization process, and Catholic history. He writes out of his home in Bethel, Connecticut.
Item No: 2270
Imprint: TAN Books
Publication Date: 2016